Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dinner.

J. is out with K. and I am home with Esther. Sort of bummed/bored, but figured I would use the opportunity to make something better for dinner than I would have had if I'd gone out tonight since tomorrow morning is my first weigh in since rejoining Weight Watchers (for, admittedly, something like the sixth time).

I made a turkey sausage & white bean baked pasta.

1 cup cooked whole wheat pasta
1/3 cup white beans
2 tsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 link Italian turkey sausage
1 cup pre-made homemade marinara sauce
1 serving fat free ricotta cheese
1 serving part skim mozzarella

I sauteed the turkey sausage in a little bit of olive oil and 1 clove of garlic. Then I added a cup of some sauce I had leftover and had defrosted earlier as well as 1/3 of a can of rinsed white beans. I boiled my pasta to al dente while the sauce heated up. When it was done I added the pasta to the sauce, followed by the ricotta cheese. I put it all in an ovensafe baking dish and added the mozzarella on top. I baked this at 350 for about fifteen minutes and then broiled it for 3 to brown the mozzarella.

Delicious.

Ate it all.

My points worked out okay; let's see how the weigh in goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment