Sunday, April 25, 2010

Changes.

So, I have changed the title of this blog as much has changed over the past couple of days and I imagine much will continue to change over the course of the next few weeks/months/etc.

I feel better knowing J. and I have a diagnosis and are on our way to developing a plan.

I like plans.

For right now, I know that we need to accomplish the following:

1. Get blood work done to determine whether or not J. 100% has cystic fibrosis and to make sure I'm not a carrier.
2. Speak with insurance to determine what it is exactly that our coverage covers.
3. Schedule appointments with fertility clinics and find a doctor/team we are comfortable with.
4. Meet with Dr. A. again in about 5 weeks to review our blood work and if J. does have cystic fibrosis, to schedule surgery for his semen extraction.
5. Figure out when to begin fertility meds.
6. IVF steps.

Dr. A. said that if we begin all of this now, I will probably start the meds in July and have eggs removed and embryos implanted by the beginning of September.

Scary.

And confusing.

I have been reading as much as possible about all of this online and I don't understand half of what it is I come across. And forget about insurance questions. I don't even know what to ask or what the answers I get will mean. All of the websites I've visited use these acronyms that I don't quite understand. It's like I can't even help myself feel better quite yet because I'm not sure how to navigate through all of the information I keep finding...

This has not been a great couple of days, to be sure.

I am ordering some books that hopefully will help explain some of this.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment